Braised mutton with carrot Chinese lamb stew recipe. The Spring Festival is the most important festival of the year and the day when the family is together. Of course, the protagonist of the family banquet is still mainly meat dishes. Of course, beef, chicken, duck, fish and lamb are indispensable. But when eating meat, it is best to combine meat and vegetables together to achieve high nutrition. Therefore, braised mutton with carrot is an indispensable dish during the Spring Festival family feast. It is delicious and not greasy. It is a Chinese dish that the family loves most.
Mutton is that we often eaten in winter. It can resist the wind and cold and nourish the body. It has healing and tonic effects on the frail, and is most suitable for consumption in winter, so it is called winter tonic and it is very popular. Compared with pork, lamb is tenderer and has lower fat and cholesterol content. Mutton can be made into a variety of unique flavors and incredibly delicious dishes, such as grilled mutton, fried mutton skewers, scallion and explosive mutton, etc. It is a delicious food that young and old love to eat.
Carrots are also the most frequently eaten vegetables in winter. They are rich in nutrients and contain a lot of carotene. They have the function of nourishing the liver and improving eyesight. Vitamin A is an essential substance for the normal growth and development of bones and helps the growth of cells. Children eating carrots is very good for bone development. The carrot stewed lamb combines the nutrients of these two ingredients and has a certain effect of strengthening muscles and bones.
The mutton smell is not easy to remove. After adding carrots, carrots absorb the greasiness in the mutton, remove the bad smell, and are easier to stew and rotten. This is the best way to cook mutton, many people do not know how to make this Chinese dish, check the detailed steps below.
500g mutton, 2 carrots, 2 tablespoons peanut oil, leek, 1 piece of ginger, 2 tablespoons cooking wine, 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon salt
1. Cut the mutton into pieces.
2. Peel carrots and cut into pieces.
3. Add oil to the pot and heat it, pour the lamb and stir-fry until the color turns white.
4. Add chopped leek and ginger slices, then pour in cooking wine and continue to stir until the oil of the mutton is separated out.
5. Pour the right amount of water to submerge the mutton, then pour soy sauce, add bay leafs, cover the pot and boil, then turn to medium-low heat and simmer.
6. After stewing the lamb until it is eighty mature, pour the carrot pieces and stew together.
7. After the carrots are rotten, add salt and mix well, enjoy!
Cut the lamb thicker and taste better.
Ginger and cooking wine can remove the fishy smell.
Braised Mutton With Carrot | Chinese lamb stew recipe
- 500g mutton
- 2 carrots
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- moderate leek
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut the mutton into pieces.
- Peel carrots and cut into pieces.
- Add oil to the pot and heat it, pour the lamb and stir-fry until the color turns white.
- Add chopped leek and ginger slices, then pour in cooking wine and continue to stir until the oil of the mutton is separated out.
- Pour the right amount of water to submerge the mutton, then pour soy sauce, add bay leafs, cover the pot and boil, then turn to medium-low heat and simmer.
- After stewing the lamb until it is eighty mature, pour the carrot pieces and stew together.
- After the carrots are rotten, add salt and mix well, enjoy!