How to make garlic sauce for steamed seafood? Today I will share a Chinese garlic sauce recipe. Seafood is a common food on our table. The most original way of eating seafood is steaming. Steaming seafood is simple. The method is simple, and it is more tender and smooth.
When steaming seafood, many dishes will use fried garlic sauce, such as: steamed scallops with garlic vermicelli, shrimp with garlic, steamed oysters with garlic, steamed abalone with garlic, etc. Garlic sauce is the soul of steamed seafood. The dishes are good or not. It depends a lot on how well the garlic sauce is made. You guys can follow the steps to make this Chinese garlic sauce below.
Simple Garlic Sauce for Seafood
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- moderate salad oil
- 1 tsp chicken essence
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Mince the garlic. If you do a lot, the minced garlic needs to be washed and drained to remove some mucus. This is to prevent the oozing garlic juice from sticking to the pan when it is stir-fried, which has a bitter taste. You can omit this step if you make a small amount of garlic sauce at home.
- Add salad oil to the pot, pour 2/3 of the minced garlic into the pot, and cook on low heat until the color of the minced garlic is slightly yellow.
- Pour in the remaining 1/3 of minced garlic and sauté the garlic aroma over low heat, then turn off the fire.
- Add salt, sugar, oyster sauce, chicken essence, pepper powder, and stir well.
- When steaming seafood, pour garlic sauce on the seafood. After steaming, sprinkle green onion or spicy millet and drizzle with hot oil. After the remaining garlic sauce is cool, put it in a jar with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator.
Do you like Chinese food recipes? Do you have any questions or a few suggestions about the Chinese garlic sauce for seafood? This is why we have a comments section on this Asian Chinese food blog. I really hope you guys liked the garlic seafood sauce recipe. Feel free to post one or two comments, and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Also Read: Garlic Chili Sauce | Best Chinese Condiment